FMC believes we have a responsibility:
to conduct business with integrity and comply with all applicable laws, adhering to a strict Code of Ethics and Business Conduct;
- to protect the health and safety of our employees, our communities and the public, and to operate our facilities in a manner that prevents harm to the environment;
- to minimize the vulnerability and ensure the security of our manufacturing and storage sites; and
- to conduct our operations in a way that promotes the long-term social and economic development of the communities in which we operate.
FMC Agricultural Products Sustainability Council Established
In June 2010, consistent with its overall focus on stewardship, FMC established an independent “Sustainability Council” with the goal of providing FMC’s Agricultural Products Group with an independent and diverse range of external expertise, perspectives and guidance related to APG’s global stewardship program and sustainability practices. It is comprised of scientists, a global leader in implementing corporate responsibility and ethics programs and conservationists. The members of the Sustainability Council come from the following organizations: Panthera (the world’s leading big cat preservation NGO); Mainstream Green Solutions (a consulting firm for climate change, natural resource conservation and other environmental issues); the Academy of Natural Sciences (the oldest natural science research institution and museum in the Americas); the Partnership to Cut Poverty and Hunger in Africa (an NGO focused on improving conditions of Africans); Emerging Agriculture LLC (a consulting firm that advises on crop sustainability policies); and Hong Kong University’s Center for Corporate Governance and Financial Policy.
The objectives of the Sustainability Council are to:
- Inform APG of emerging agricultural, environmental, conservation and/or social issues, trends and opportunities related to APG’s global business;
- Advise APG on enhancing its global stewardship program and sustainability policies;
- Recommend metrics for assessing APG’s global stewardship and sustainability practices;
- Provide input aimed at positioning APG as a leader in sustainable practices and products;·
- Avail APG and senior management with critical thinking, candid discussions and advice for action on conflicts.
FMC uses the advice and recommendations received from the Sustainability Council to refine the company’s stewardship activities and to devote additional attention and funding to the initiatives that would best achieve the company’s stewardship objectives.
FMC conducts its business in a consistent manner worldwide that protects public and occupational health, the environment and employee safety. Specifically, the company complies with the Code of Conduct of the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (“FAO Code of Conduct”), the American Chemistry Council’s Responsible Care Guidelines, and the Company’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
The FAO Code of Conduct can be accessed at:
The ACC’s Responsible Care Guideline can be accessed at:
The FMC Responsible Care website can be accessed at:
The FMC Code of Ethics and Business Conduct can be accessed at:
Social and Environmental Report 2006 (PDF, 5.60MB)